P-51D Mustang 1.5m Smart PNP
The Truman Senate War Investigating Committee called the North American Aviation P-51 Mustang “the most aerodynamically perfect pursuit plane in existence.” During WWII, it blasted trains, ships, and enemy installations throughout Western Europe. The “D” variant, outfitted with the legendary Merlin engine, gave the U.S. Army Air Forces a high-altitude, long-range fighter capable of escorting heavy bomber formations the entire way to Berlin and back. The E-flite® P-51D Mustang 1.5m also goes the distance — to reproduce the famous fighter with exceptional detail, handling, performance and presence. It’s packed with Extra Scale details and functional features including LED lights, sequenced main and tailwheel gear doors, flaps and much more, and is also equipped with a Spektrum™ Avian™ Smart ESC to deliver an unmatched warbird flying experience.
- The most detailed, best handling and highest performance large-scale P-51D Mustang model yet
- Scale replica of the iconic aircraft flown by the U.S. and other allied forces during World War II
- Extra Scale details including removable drop tanks, molded-in panel lines, guns and much more
- Functional Extra Scale features including LED navigation lights, sequenced main gear and tailwheel doors, flaps and more
- Factory-installed, high-power 6S-compatible brushless motor with large diameter 4-blade prop
- Fits 6S batteries from 3200-7000+mAh to deliver level flight top speeds up to 80+ MPH and unlimited vertical performance
- 100-amp Spektrum™ Avian™ Smart ESC provides real-time battery voltage, capacity used and other data via compatible receivers and transmitters
- Nine factory-installed servos with precise ball-link equipped linkages
- Ball-bearing equipped wheels with diamond tread pattern tires for added scale appearance
- Retractable tailwheel plus main gear with scale shock-absorbing struts for operation from a variety of surfaces including grass
- Unique 3-piece wing includes center section with main gear plus outer panels that snap into place securely without fasteners
- No glue required for assembly and can be ready to fly in less time than it takes to charge a battery
- Large top hatch with molded in stop for added security of the quick-release battery tray
- Factory-applied “Lou IV” painted trim scheme offers excellent visibility
- Durable EPO airframe with carbon fiber and wood reinforcement
The P-51D Mustang 1.5m is the largest, most detailed and best performing replica of the legendary fighter from E-flite® yet! Along with an accurate outline, it also features an abundance of Extra Scale details including molded in panel lines and hatches, guns and removable drop tanks, plus a striking factory-applied “Lou IV” finish. Functional Extra Scale features include LED navigation lights, sequenced main and tailwheel gear doors, flaps and more. The shock-absorbing struts feature ball-bearing equipped wheels with diamond tread tires for added scale appearance and make it possible to fly from a variety of surfaces including grass, and reliable electric retracts operate the main gear and tailwheel. And at the heart of it all is a factory-installed brushless motor that’s compatible with 6S LiPo power—simply drop in a 6S 3200-7000mAh battery to achieve level flight speeds in excess of 80+ MPH and unlimited vertical performance! Both versions include a 100-amp Spektrum™ Avian™ Smart ESC, and the BNF® Basic version is also equipped with an AR637TA receiver that offers full-range telemetry including real-time battery voltage, current, temperature and more to compatible transmitters, plus the advantages of exclusive AS3X® and SAFE® Select technologies to make this one of the easiest to fly Mustangs ever. The unique 3-piece wing design makes transport and storage as convenient as possible because the center section includes the main gear and the outer panels simply snap into place securely without requiring fasteners. It’s also quick and easy to assemble because the factory-finished EPO airframe bolts together—no glue required—in less time than it takes to charge a battery. And it all adds up to deliver a warbird flying experience unlike any other with the mightiest Mustang yet!
- (1) Full-range 6+ channel transmitter and receiver
- (1) 6S 22.2V 3200–7000mAh 30C+ LiPo with EC5™ or IC5™ connector
- (1) Compatible LiPo charger
- (1) E-flite P-51D Mustang 1.5m with:
- (1) 100A Spektrum™ Avian™ Smart Brushless ESC (installed)
- (1) Brushless Motor (installed)
- (9) Servos (installed)
- (1) Product Manual
Plug-N-Play® Completion Level
This Plug-N-Play (PNP) model comes out of the box with a factory-installed power system and servos that are ready to connect to the compatible receiver of your choice (sold separately). Simply install the receiver, finish any final assembly, and fly!
Extra Scale Details
The P-51D Mustang 1.5m features an accurate outline and an abundance of Extra Scale details including molded-in panel lines and hatches, guns and removable drop tanks—plus many more details than you typically find on similar class and smaller models.
Functional Extra Scale Features
Factory-installed LED navigation lights, operational flaps and control surfaces with pocket hinges—even sequenced main gear and tailwheel doors—are functional Extra Scale features that take your experience to another level.
The factory-installed power system features a 100-amp ESC plus a high-power brushless outrunner motor that works with the large-diameter four-blade propeller and a 6S 3200–7000mAh LiPo battery to deliver better-than-scale speed and unlimited vertical performance.
The P-51D Mustang 1.5m is equipped with an exclusive Spektrum™ Avian™ Smart ESC that can provide a variety of real-time power system related telemetry data including motor RPM, current, battery voltage and more via compatible receivers (including the AR637TA) and Spektrum AirWare™ equipped transmitters (including the DX6e and 8e, DX6 and 8 G2, the DX9, iX12 and others) while you fly.
The wide-spaced main gear feature reliable, factory-installed electric retracts equipped with durable metal components and shock-absorbing struts that make it possible to fly from a wider variety of surfaces including paved runways and grass. The main gear and the retractable tailwheel also feature sequenced gear doors for added scale function and appearance.
Construction with fully-molded EPO material makes it possible to replicate complex detail and shapes in a lightweight yet durable form. The result is an outstanding scale appearance that’s easy to maintain and delivers the best possible flight experience, plus the factory-installed servos with ball-link equipped linkages deliver crisp and precise control at every speed.
No glue is required for assembly and you can have the P-51D Mustang 1.5m ready to fly in less time than it takes to charge a battery! The 3-piece wing design makes transport and storage as practical and convenient as possible because the center section includes the main gear and the outer panels snap into place securely without fasteners.
|CG (Center of Gravity)||4.9 - 5.4" (124 - 137mm) back from leading edge of wing measured at wing root|
|Propeller Size||15.5 x 11|
|Recommended Motor Battery||22.2V 5000mAh 6S 30C Smart LiPo battery with IC5 connector|
|Product Weight||96 oz (2721.55 g)|
|Approximate Assembly Time||Less than 1 Hour|
|Motor Size||4650 - 460kV|
|Product Length||51.18" (1300 mm)|
|Skill Level||Level 3|
|Trim Scheme Colors||Painted Lou IV|
|Wingspan||59.06" (1500 mm)|
|Minimum Required Radio||6-channel|